Houdini

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
jcbillyjack

Houdini

Post by jcbillyjack »

Hello,
I am trying to download Houdini 1.5a. It appears that it has been taken down. It is free, but I cannot locate it. The new Houdini 6 supposedly is a clone of Stockfish, supposedly the code has (had) been stolen, so I didnt really want to purchase it from Chessbase. Is anyone able/willing to share Houdini (free version)? thanks
Tibono2

Re: Houdini

Post by Tibono2 »

Hi,
did you read the answer I provided you with, in the german forum you posted originally in?
jcbillyjack

Post by jcbillyjack »

No I didn't and thanks for your reply. The first post was using my cell phone and I had no glasses with me. Lol
CompDad

Post by CompDad »

jcbillyjack wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:15 pm Hello,
I am trying to download Houdini 1.5a. It appears that it has been taken down. It is free, but I cannot locate it. The new Houdini 6 supposedly is a clone of Stockfish, supposedly the code has (had) been stolen, so I didnt really want to purchase it from Chessbase. Is anyone able/willing to share Houdini (free version)? thanks
I could not find it either, it's not free anymore?

Tibono, I dont speak German, although I have looked for the answer in German forum and found nothing.

Could you post it in English, please?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tibono2

Post by Tibono2 »

Hi CompDad,
here is the link to the posts about it...
This should enable you getting the 1.5a free version. If you cannot find Houdidit just PM me...
Warm regards,
Tibono
CompDad

Post by CompDad »

Tibono2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:07 am Hi CompDad,
here is the link to the posts about it...
This should enable you getting the 1.5a free version. If you cannot find Houdidit just PM me...
Warm regards,
Tibono
Thank you Tibono.

Cheers