chess training software for Commodore 64

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
jarek

chess training software for Commodore 64

Post by jarek »

Hi Chessfriends,

I owned C64 as a young boy and have recently downloaded VICE to play some chess (e.g. Cyruss II, Colossus).

It is easy to find playing software and now I'm looking for chess training / learning / tutor software for Commodore 64, in particular:

1. 50 Classic Chess Games by Paul Whitehead (ENLIGHTENMENT Inc)
It was available on eBay a few years ago - see cover of the box:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364703885583

2. manual for Paul Whitehead Teaches Chess
The pdf manual available on www.myabandonware.com is corrupted :(

3. Cyber Chess - apart from first part which is easy available for download (according to some review in old Commodore magazine, there are almost 70 parts / floppy disks)

4. do you know any playing software for C64 that also contains commented games for study?

5. do you know any websites dedicated to C64 chess (apart from Spacious Mind)?

Thanks for all and any help!

cheers,
Jarek
Mr. Spock

Re: chess training software for Commodore 64

Post by Mr. Spock »

Hi,
I was able to recover some pages (maybe all?) of the manual. The last page lacks a few lines at the bottom.
Attached is a massively downsampled preview because the full sized pdf exceeds the limitation.
Didn't someone here collect manuals to make them available for everyone? If there is interest, let me know where to send the pdf.
Regards
Attachments
preview239KB.pdf.zip
(233.9 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
jarek

Re: chess training software for Commodore 64

Post by jarek »

Hi Mr. Spock,

thanks, but I used a pdf online repair tool to recover first 9 pages - however, at least one page is missing, the same as in your file.

Hopefully someone will post the non-corrupted version or
post more information about other C64 training software.

best regards,
Jarek