Millenium new release of chess computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Noobie

Re: Millenium new release of chess computer

Post by Noobie »

Thanks for chiming in Bryan
The CPU remains the same (according to the back of the box)
When I mentioned upgrading the software I simply meant upgrading to the Genius pro or Genius Excusive software..though without a CPU upgrade this would not amount to much..
Noobie

Re: Millenium new release of chess computer

Post by Noobie »

DaMaBu wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:26 pm It's interesting that the Android ChessGenius app (I don't know about the iPhone version) doesn't have multiple playing styles like this Millennium computer has. It seems like that capability would have to built in to the engine rather than a layer that Millennium would add, but perhaps that's not necessarily the case.
Yep I'd have liked that too in the app..although I would also like if Richard Lang could implement a "quick and dirty" fixed ply set of levels..something like 1-8 or 9ply..This would allow us to actually play against Chess Genius in the app at elo levels that would feel natural except for the limitation of the search depth..I've never liked the easy levels whilst normal levels like instant and 1sec are very strong.. having fixed ply levels would enhance the playability of the app in that you would have a predictable elo level regardless of how fast the next shiny new Smartphone is..I will email Richard to make this request..carrying around a Chess computer when were on the go isn't practical...