Feature Request: Insert multiple games into notation

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

mattchess

Feature Request: Insert multiple games into notation

Post by mattchess »

I think you indicated this was on the to-do list but wanted to verify. I'd like to be able to CTRL-select multiple games or shift-select a batch of games from the browse games window and insert them into my current game notation with one click of insert into current game rather than needing to do them one at a time. Hopefully this is a relatively easy add.

Alternatively, since I can search for a position in a database and batch copy games from there to my clipboard, would it be possible to add a "paste X games to current game notation" option to the edit menu which would achieve the same thing? Right now I believe the only option is to paste X games from the clipboard to the active database.
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Re: Feature Request: Insert multiple games into notation

Post by mrudolf »

mattchess wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:22 am I think you indicated this was on the to-do list but wanted to verify. I'd like to be able to CTRL-select multiple games or shift-select a batch of games from the browse games window and insert them into my current game notation with one click of insert into current game rather than needing to do them one at a time. Hopefully this is a relatively easy add.

Alternatively, since I can search for a position in a database and batch copy games from there to my clipboard, would it be possible to add a "paste X games to current game notation" option to the edit menu which would achieve the same thing? Right now I believe the only option is to paste X games from the clipboard to the active database.
Inserting multiple games will be in 1.2. There is some limit to prevent freezing program by inserting thousands of games.
mattchess

Re: Feature Request: Insert multiple games into notation

Post by mattchess »

Great thank you